Sunday, April 3, 2011

Book Tour - Dominique Watson with The Tension Reliever


Today's guest author is brought to you by The Virtual Book Tour Cafe'.  Please welcome Dominique Watson!


About Dominique:

Dominique Watson is a writer, published author and magazine/business owner. She began writing poetry and short stories at a young age. Dominique has published three inspirational books “Inspire Me Young”, “How to Keep God in your life” and “The Tension Reliever” which is her first poetry collection. “Too Much Untold” and “Truthfully Untold” were released in 2009 and 2010. She was also a contributing author in her magazine’s first published book “From A Poetic POV” which was released on July 1st, 2010. The second collaboration The Battle of the Sexes was released on Valentine’s Day in 2011. “The Tension Reliever Another Side of Me Volume 2” is Dominique’s latest book.

She is currently working on a “Love’s Deception”, Dominique’s third novel due in stores in 2011.

She owns a magazine for writers called “From A Writers POV”. She also writes for the magazine’s blog “The POV Lounge”, VIP with Dominique & the “Curl up with a Page Turner” column.

Her hobbies are reading, writing, crocheting and making jewelry.

Dominique is currently working on expanding her magazine all over the internet. She lives in San Diego with her husband and daughter.

For more about Dominique, check her out at: http://www.wix.com/dominiquewatson/author

I was able to ask Dominique a few questions.  Thank you so much for taking  a few minutes to chat with me Dominique.  It is a pleasure to have you here at my blog today.

BK:  What inspired you to pen your first title?
DW:  I wanted to inspire others. I felt a calling that my writings should inspire others. With that, I wrote and published my first book “Inspire Me Young” and dedicated it to someone I lost a few years before.
  
BK:  How long have you been writing?
DW: Wow, I’ve been writing since I was a young girl but seriously writing for about seven years now.

BK:  What was the hardest part about writing this particular novel?
DW:  Writing The Tension Reliever Volume was difficult because I was revealing a side of me I never allowed others to truly see. I felt for so many years that I had to censor ME and when I decided to put out a second volume to the Tension Reliever, I felt this was the time to bring the other me out. I’d been through a lot in 2010 and it came pouring out into my writings.
  
BK:  Have any dreams been realized as a result of your writing?
DW:  Yes, that somehow some way, I inspire others. It could be my drive to be the best, my inspiration for helping others or simply my love for writing. I find that in everything I do, I’m inspiring someone in some area of their life and it’s a dream for me to be able to inspire people that way.

BK:  Where do you hope to take your writing in the future?
DW:  -I’d love to be a best seller, travel around the world to meet various people and continue to inspire people through my writings.

BK:  What advice do you have for writer's just starting out?
DW:  Trust yourself, believe in you and your work, be your number one cheerleader and never ever give up!!!

BK:  Anything else you would like to share with us today?......
DW:  Thank you so much for taking the time to learn more about me and thanks for hosting me on this tour!





Dominique returns with her sixth book, second volume to her poetry collection The Tension Reliever. In this volume you get to see a different side of the author. Poetry has always been her first love. In The Tension Reliever; Another Side of Me you meet Almond Eyes Diva, another side of Dominique. Sit back and enjoy great poetry that pours out from the author deep within and meet the side of her she’s finally ready to reveal.








Purchase at Lulu


Dominique's Website




Good luck on your tour and wishing you much success!

Until next time,

2 comments:

Ann Summerville said...

Great interview - thanks for sharing.
Ann

Nightly Cafe said...

Thank you for stopping in Ann :).