Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Review - The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott

The Unwritten RuleThe Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


This is one book that had me thinking long after I was finished reading it. It is so true, and I wished more people could live and understand this unwritten rule, it would truly make life so much easier.



Sarah has always liked Ryan, though she'd never admit it to her best friend Brianna. Brianna is the popular girl that gets all the boys' attention. When that attention comes from Ryan, Sarah uses all of her strength to be happy for her. Now that's a true best friend.



As the story moves on we find that it wasn't Brianna that Ryan was truly after. In Sarah's shyness and awkwardness with boys, she missed her chance. Can that one moment be regained?



Risking losing her best friend, Sarah can't deny her feelings towards Ryan any longer. The problem here is that Ryan was never really Brianna's to begin with. If one best friend can't tell that the other likes a boy, then I think that is just plain self absorption. She never really was a friend to begin.



Scott did an amazing job with this title. I read it in one sitting, anxious to find out what happened next. It so took me back in the day, though I understood this unwritten rule from kindergarten lol. It was a great read, and I'm glad I had the chance to read it. You will be too and I recommend this book to anyone that enjoys YA with a touch of romance.





View all my reviews

0 comments: